• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with LG Optimus Dynamic and running apps

Can someone please tell me how i can figure out which running apps i can delete without deleting everything? if anyone could tell me what LGATCMD Services or the wiper app are for or do i could really use the help

Welcome to Android Forums tracy. I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't help directly. This is the S3 Watering hole, a social thread on the forum. Several folks here own the S3 (I don't) so they may be able to help.

You could also start a thread in here (Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums) and ask as thousands of folks here have an S3 and are always willing to help a fellow device owner.:)

Good luck getting your phone squared up.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums tracy. I'm not familiar with your phone so I can't help directly. This is the S3 Watering hole, a social thread on the forum. Several folks here own the S3 (I don't) so they may be able to help.

You could also start a thread in here (Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums) and ask as thousands of folks here have an S3 and are always willing to help a fellow device owner.:)

Good luck getting your phone squared up.

I have a LG Optimus Dynamic and I'm extreamly bad with technology of any kind so if you know anything about this phone that could help me with anything i will be glad to take any advice.

Upvote 0
Hey tracy puckett,
Unfortunately, for your specific model we can't be sure exactly which apps are safe to remove and which are not. There are a few apps that are relatively safe to remove on just about all phones. But some apps are safe to remove on some phones, and not others.

The more system apps you remove, the more you risk your phone no longer working, having random errors, or randomly rebooting. I suggest freezing/disabling apps for a trial period before removing them, so you can test a bit first with less risk. You will need to download an app from the market to freeze system apps. Beware though, freezing the wrong app can also cause you phone to stop working.

Below are "safe to remove" lists for similar phones. You can use them as a sort of guide in your quest to remove system bloatware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones