1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help with linking contacts

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by DanH23, Dec 2, 2014.

1. DanH23

DanH23 Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2014
    Hi,

I have recently made the change to an android phone after having iPhones for the last few years.

I have managed to move over all of my contacts with an app I found, however I am having a nightmare getting them linked up to Facebook and Twitter.

All I want is for my phone contacts to sync up with facebook without adding my whole friends list.

Here is what I have tried so far:

- Selecting 'sync existing contacts only' from the Facebook app, but this syncs adds all of my Facebook friends to my phone contacts anyway

- Filtering my phone contacts to show contacts stored on the device only and then linking these to my Facebook contacts manually, however the Facebook account still doesn't show on the contact card.

It might seem something silly but what I liked about the iPhone was that each contact's facebook picture showed in the contact list.

Surely there is a simple way to achieve this on an Android?

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    I moved your question here to Android News and Talk where I think you will get more and better views.:)

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Can you please, tell us which phone you are using? The make and model would help. I've used both a Samsung and HTC Android phone and syncing contacts is different with each.