• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with Location

dennison17

Aug 30, 2010
I have a HTC EVO and live in Seattle. Recently I went ot Honolulu and the phone automatically detected my new location and the LARGE date, time, location and weather al reported out local (Honolulu) data.

Now, I'm back in Seattle and it still reads out Honolulu data...? I powered off /back on.... still got Honolulu info on main screen. I then deleted Honolulu as a "location" in the Weather table...hoping it would pick up Seattle data It now DOES shows current Seattle time, but it 's blank under "My location" and there is no data showing for current weather, location, etc on the LARGE TIME main menu screen for Seattle. Any ideas on how to reset to Seattle data....? :thinking:

I researched by just googling my question. Viola!!

If you go into Settings / Location and turn on "Use Wireless networks".... it updated it immediately! I saw in another post to leave this setting off if you are travelling much, so I have now turned it back off... not sure about this part of the recommendation, but at least it now works!! Hope this helps others who have shared the same problem...

Upvote 0
I researched by just googling my question. Viola!!

If you go into Settings / Location and turn on "Use Wireless networks".... it updated it immediately! I saw in another post to leave this setting off if you are travelling much, so I have now turned it back off... not sure about this part of the recommendation, but at least it now works!! Hope this helps others who have shared the same problem...

Where is this option? I have been having a problem with mine saying "current location" and if this option fixes that it would be great. Can you give more detail as to where its at?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones