1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with Market.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rewindurmind, Feb 8, 2011.

1. rewindurmind

rewindurmind Lurker

Well, the pattern for my desire HD decided to stop working. I know I didn't forget it, because I'd used it 5 minutes prior.

Anyway, I was prompted to login with my gmail details. I'd completely forgotten them. The sole purpose of that account was just to use on Android. I'd never used or seen it after that.

So, I had to reset my phone and long story short; how do I access my paid apps? Surely I can use my credit card as some kind of proof of purchase?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gardium

Gardium Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, how I have understood the system (but I'm not sure), the ONLY tie that apps have, is the google account. If you have paid for the apps, they are tied to the google account, and to redownload them you have to set up the phone with the same google account.

But you could try to contact the market directly (if they have a costumer support section) and see what they can do maybe. But as far as for inital set up, it's only possible to find the tie to a paid app by the google account.

Sorry :(. Next time try to store any account information for future references.

rewindurmind likes this.
  3. SerenityStark

SerenityStark Lurker

If you know your Google Mail email address linked to that account then you might be able to retreive your password at the google mail site.

From a PC would be easiest. Then if you log in on that account you should be able to download the apps again for free.

4. arlrb

arlrb Android Enthusiast

You should be able to recover your google account details, go to the gmail sign in page & there should be an option for this.

Google have just released the market as a regular website, so in future use this to get your apps. These can then be stored anywhere, paid & free, then just put them on your sdcard & install.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews