• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP with MMS (not working) and CWM (recovery wont work)

annah12

Lurker
Apr 10, 2012
Hi Im new here but I have been reading up for a while...

I have tried every ROM on here, and so far I like this best, HOWEVER MY MMS is NOT WORKING. Im not sure what to do at this point. My phone recieves MMS but It won't send them out. I have tried ALL fixes and deleted telephony.db etc. Im at a loss here and really cant be without MMS is there anyone that can help me?

When I go into ROM manager and hit recovery it loads up but when I select options it just loads the Hat w/arrow logo and stays there and nothing happens, so I do not know what I am doing wrong.

I cannot properly flash a fix when it wont go into recovery correct?

If Not can I go back to STOCK with working MMS and how? thanks in advance!

Which recovery did you use?
Which Rom are you using?

If you have recovery installed, power off the phone.

When it's powerd off, press and hold in this order; Home, Volume Down, and then power. hold this till your recovery loads, from here you can wipe and reflash.

EDIT: ah I see your post in Reppards thread. His MMS should work without a problem. Did you wipe your old data/dalvik/cache?

Upvote 0
Which recovery did you use?
Which Rom are you using?

If you have recovery installed, power off the phone.

When it's powerd off, press and hold in this order; Home, Volume Down, and then power. hold this till your recovery loads, from here you can wipe and reflash.

EDIT: ah I see your post in Reppards thread. His MMS should work without a problem. Did you wipe your old data/dalvik/cache?

Using Reppards Rom.

I think MMS is working now, but not sure 100% because last time it worked then stopped. I am only getting 1 bar indoors is this typical with these Roms? with Metro I would always have 3-4 inside my home.

Recovery is still not working which makes me leary because Im afraid to flash any fixes etc. as it gets stuck on a black screen but all buttons light up and it never reboots into recovery, Sometimes it does reboot but like said above it stays on that hat logo after I select what to do.

I wanted to do a fresh install of the Rom from scratch to ensure its all correct and working but I won't be able to do so without recovery. Is there a way to do that? I am pretty new at this, so I am just leary of bricking my phone.

Thanks so much for the response!

Upvote 0
Using Reppards Rom.

I think MMS is working now, but not sure 100% because last time it worked then stopped. I am only getting 1 bar indoors is this typical with these Roms? with Metro I would always have 3-4 inside my home.

Recovery is still not working which makes me leary because Im afraid to flash any fixes etc. as it gets stuck on a black screen but all buttons light up and it never reboots into recovery, Sometimes it does reboot but like said above it stays on that hat logo after I select what to do.

I wanted to do a fresh install of the Rom from scratch to ensure its all correct and working but I won't be able to do so without recovery. Is there a way to do that? I am pretty new at this, so I am just leary of bricking my phone.

Thanks so much for the response!

If you see the rom manager hat, just press the power button real quick and the menu will come up....this is bcuz u accidentally hit the power button to begin with...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones