• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with moving contacts from "Phone" to Google

Tyree

Dec 7, 2010
I have read some about how to move "Phone" stored contacts to Google. They all seem to revolve around exporting all the contacts to the SD card and then importing them again into Google.

The question I have is, what about all the extraneous contacts, say from facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, etc? Do those also get exported and then imported into Google essentially creating a duplicate contact for each contact that is sync'ed from those other services?

What I want to do is just take the few contacts I have run across that are "Phone" contacts and move them to Google. Basically, I don't want ANY phone contacts. Only Google contacts which I can then join to LinkedIn and facebook contacts.

Does that make sense? I just don't want to try this export/import and end up with a ton of duplicate contacts and be in a worse mess than I have now! :-D

By the way, I am on a Galaxy S3 under Verizon.

Thanks!
Matt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones