1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support help with music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daisylover, Jun 22, 2011.

1. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    hi. i have had my optimus v for a couple weeks and i'm new to this kind of phone. i was having problems with the 3g so i turned off my phone and when i turned it back on all of my music was gone. i have tried downloading a song and trying it again and the same thing happens. i read that the music should automatically be on the sd cards and i have saved the song to a playlist on the sd card also and the same thing happens. i'm not sure what's going on and have no idea what to do. i'm frustrated because music was a big reason i wanted this phone. if anyone has ANY IDEAS please share them. thank you.

Advertisement

2. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Look at all the folders on the SD card, see if you can find any MP3's. I put mine in a folder "MP3". Otherwise they may be in "Audio" or "Media". Your player should find all music (although you might check your player settings to make sure it's looking in the right place).

daisylover likes this.
  3. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    daisylover likes this.
  4. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    thank you both! i didn't know how to look at what's on the sd card. the app worked. its in the download folders so it's not gone. any idea how i can get the songs to go into the main music player and stay there? i don't even know what it's called. theres also something weird there is 2 folders one called download and one called downloads lol and the music is split up between the two. it's random.

5. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Yeah, I have the problem with download and downloads too. In ES File Explorer you should be able to long press a song and then copy it. Go to the folder you want and paste it there. May want to cut then paste rather than copy, so you don't end up with two copies of the song.

A quicker way would be to hook up to your computer and move it that way. Then you can move all of the song at once.

6. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    ok thanks. so i can't move it into the music player? the one that has the speaker icon? i can;t find it in there. can i somehow make a folder to put on main screen if not? thanks so much for taking the time to help me.

7. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    I use the google music app. I have mp3s in my \mnt\sd\ directory as well as \mnt\sd\dropbox and it plays from both no problem.

8. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Nothing is actually "in" the music player (just like on a PC), it's only links to the files on SD. I don't use the default music player, but it should have a settings option that tells it where to look for music. Sometimes it's just defaulted to "SD Card", but usually you can select which folders (so it's not looking in EVERY folder). It's odd how some things download to "Download" and some to "Downloads", I know Dropbox goes into one and other apps go into the other. I tried deleting one once, but just showed up later. Doesn't matter that MP3 files are in 2 or 3 folders, they should all appear in your player (just nice to organize them into one).

Where are you downloading songs from? There would be an Amazon folder too if from Amazon. Default Player?

9. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    i downloaded a song called an aac and it is staying in my player. so i looked and all the other songs are called mpgas. i read another post where someone said to change the name in the es file explorer but i dont know how to do this. can i do this or can i on a different app? or should i just get a new player? then i will have more questions lol.

the player i have doesn't have any options to look for anything. i really dont understand why it will let me make a playlist and supposedly save it to the sd card and then it disappears. must be the format fore some reason because that one song is still there after turning my phone off. i'm downloading from different sites.

10. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    oh i can see how to change the name of the file but will that actually help me? it would have to be reformatted or something right?

11. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    ok i tried it. i changed the song names to aac and they are in my player now. i didn't think it would be that simple. i can use them as ringtones on handcent now too. thanks again for all the help!

12. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Odd extensions. Most music is .mp3 these days. Glad it's working for you now!

13. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    .aac is Apple lossless, not uncommon at all.

14. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    A lot of my music (not all, but a lot) is in FLAC format. Hard to find apps that support it, but not really a huge deal.

Tags: