1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support help with my battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mollymoo33, Apr 29, 2011.

1. mollymoo33

mollymoo33 Lurker
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    so i got a htc desire hd about a week ago
    when i got it i opened the box and immediatly turned it on without charging it.
    my first question is, is it bad to use to the phone for the first time will it is plugged in charging and how could this damage the battery?

secondly i have noticed that my battery life sucks and it barely even lasts me the day before i have to charge it again is this because i didnt charge it properly or how can i save my battery?

any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks.

Advertisement

2. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Firefighter
    Alberta Canada
    I did the same thing with my dhd when i got it, I used it out of the box until it died and then charged it. Using it while its charging won't hurt anything. Give it a couple weeks of charging and discharging, it will get better. There are a couple of battery threads on here with lots of ideas on how to get better battery life.

3. neTTex

neTTex Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    Middlesbrough
    Lithium ion batterys are memory-less, they just empty and fill, no questions asked. So no, any device with that type of batt doesn't need charging before use. Also yes, using it whilst charging is perfectly fine, however it does slow down the charging process.

Battery life just take a while to get used to, read the forums, different tips and tricks work for different people, you'll find what works best for you. Biggest battery saver has got to be airplane mode, my batt last for days with no communications, although it renders the phone pointless, usefull on long journeys when tou don't need contact every minute

Tex