1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with my Droid X2 ?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xomichaela195x, Jan 9, 2012.

1. xomichaela195x

None

Jan 9, 2012
    I had downloaded the launcherpro, and decided I didn't like it. So I uninstalled it, but right after I had done so, my home screens went completely black. I can't do anything on my phone at all. The status bar at the top is still there and functioning, but my screen is black other than that. I can't retrieve my apps or make a call, send a text, etc. I've tried restarting my phone multiple times with no luck. Anyone know what happened and how I can fix it? Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. coolpoete

coolpoete Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2011
    Alabama
    Not sure what happened but you need to do a factory reset on it.
    1) Turn it off or pull the battery and put it back in
    2) Hold down your vol-down button then power on keeping the vol-down button held untill you see "fastboot"
    3) press the vol-down button and scroll till you get "Android Recovery"
    4) press the vol up button, your phone will say "entering recovery mode". Then your phone will show the Android logo with a Triangle and exclamation mark. At this point press and hold the vol up and down button simultaneously.
    5) If you have successfully done this you will get to the Android System Recovery menu with some options (reboot system now, apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition). If you don't get it right or pressed the wrong option just pull the battery and repeat the process.

You want to scroll down and choose wipe data/factory reset. To confirm your entry press the power button and follow the process of resetting your phone.

Here's a youtube video that shows how the screens should look as you are doing this process:
    http://youtu.be/TWiiTBtTh7M

Warning: Doing this will wipe all your contacts/apps, etc. and set the phone back to it's factory settings. If you have backed up your contactcs/email on your Google account you will be able to restore this. But from reading what you've posted I'm unsure of other options besides a factory reset.

3. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    Can she push a launcher apk with adb?

4. RockMode

RockMode Lurker
    None

Jun 8, 2011
    If the problem is just no launcher/home, I know an easy fix with no factory reset. If you can get something to appear up top in the status bar, it may be possible to use it as a springboard to fix the problem. I would try downloading an app from the web with your phones google account, and have the app sent to the device. While the download arrow is visible in the status bar, clicking it will open up market at that app. Then just get a new launcher/home from the market.

Similar procedures can be used to work around a number of different problems one might create.

Scur likes this.
  5. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Male
    IT Architect/Developer
    Have you tried pushing the Home button? That usually will bring up a window asking which launcher app you want to use, especially after you've removed one that was the default.

BTW, you didn't remove the original launcher per chance?