• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help With My Opimus Elite

AnmFreak

Jul 15, 2012
I messed up my optimus elite and now when i boot it goes into bootloop. I take out the battery and go into recovery mode. Then i wipe data and cache partition and then i click reboot system, now the phone boots normally. It doesnt have any bootloop though their is no launcher (i guess i deleted it). The phone pops up with errors:
the application messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

the application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

I take the battery out and do the steps that i did in recovery mode and this time plug the phone into the computer. Then i scroll the notification bar down and click charge only and wait for the errors which are :

the application messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

the application setup wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

the application service program (process com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

It also says initializing google wallet so i guess all the default apps are their but i cant get to them since i dont have a launcher. Now im stuck with the blank screen and the notification bar which i can still scroll up and down

Okay, so I think I might have another idea, depending on whether or not you have your gmail account set to push. Ill email the apk to your Gmail account, then ill call you. While the phone screen is up, you need to pull the notification bar down, the gmail thing will say you've got a new email, you click it and open your mail, then select download and open attachment. This will open the launcher up with package installer and hopefully get you a launcher again.

If you want to try it, pm me your email and number.

If that doesn't work, then you might be able to zip it, sign it, and flash it with recovery. I've only heard of people doing that with custom recoveries though, not stock.

Upvote 0
I was on the phone and i rebooted by its self and didnt bootloop im not sure what i did to maker this happen though the home and search buttons arent working so i got button savior and i still have root. im going to overwrite the system files just to be on the safe side

Overwriting your system files with files from another persons phone isn't the same thing as completely flashing it. "/system" is just one of the 18 folders in the phones root directory. You should just play it safe and flash it with LGNPST.

Upvote 0
My phone is actually back to normal but I still need help on reinstalling system apps when I try to install on phone it says can not install and doesn't work with using cmd any hrlp?

Make sure that the /system/apps directory is mounted as R/W, not R/O, so that you're able to install apps to that directory. If that's all that's needed to be done, problem solved.

Upvote 0
My phone is actually back to normal but I still need help on reinstalling system apps when I try to install on phone it says can not install and doesn't work with using cmd any hrlp?

You don't install system apps, you replace them. Here's how you do it

1-put the apks in /system/app. Don't install, or anything else. Just paste them in there. A odex has to be with them.
2-restart phone and it will automatically reinstall them

Upvote 0
@ hashtag or curtis i have a quick question.
I took leslie ann's rom and modified it to work properly on sprint with a custom kernel giantpune made for sprint users everything seems to work fine so far except for this one problem, when i use ##diag# and enter MSl, which is correct as it allows me into the menu, i try to change the setting and after i make my selection it crashes and says that com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu has stopped unexpectedly any idea on how to fix this problem i would like to be able to control diag mode.

Upvote 0
@ hashtag or curtis i have a quick question.
I took leslie ann's rom and modified it to work properly on sprint with a custom kernel giantpune made for sprint users everything seems to work fine so far except for this one problem, when i use ##diag# and enter MSl, which is correct as it allows me into the menu, i try to change the setting and after i make my selection it crashes and says that com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu has stopped unexpectedly any idea on how to fix this problem i would like to be able to control diag mode.

Did you check logcat? And did you use the sprint stock ROM as the base?

Upvote 0
Did you check logcat? And did you use the sprint stock ROM as the base?

not sure where to find the logcat at, and i used her rom based off VM but edited the build.prop so get rid of VM issues then injected the wireless drivers from sprint into the original zip i have the stock apps saved in a backup though. when i tried doing what she had posted with the rom for sprint users which was to replace the apps folder, etc folder, frameworks folder, build.prop and media folder it simply would not boot just hung on lg screen, it does seem so far that what ive done to the rom works well only problem is the diag mode crashing

EDIT:
correction found out how to get logcat but not sure how to read it really.
here is what happens as soon as i click enable
D/DIAG (20396): writeDIAG() : 0
D/DIAG (20396): writeDIAG() : adb -> 1
D/DIAG (20396): writable : false
D/DIAG (20396): readable : true
W/dalvikvm(20396): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4
0017560)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.DIAG.writ
eDIAG(DIAG.java:166)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu.sprintspec.DIAG.onPr
eferenceChange(DIAG.java:81)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.preference.Preference.callChangeListe
ner(Preference.java:756)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.preference.ListPreference.onDialogClo
sed(ListPreference.java:219)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.preference.DialogPreference.onDismiss
(DialogPreference.java:385)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.app.Dialog$ListenersHandler.handleMes
sage(Dialog.java:1049)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.ja
va:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThrea
d.java:3683)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native
Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:5
07)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndA
rgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:875)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Zygot
eInit.java:633)
E/AndroidRuntime(20396): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

W/ActivityManager( 5677): Force finishing activity com.lge.SprintHiddenMenu/.s
printspec.DIAG
D/PowerManagerService( 5677): acquireWakeLock flags=0x1 tag=ActivityManager-Laun
ch
E/CursorWindow(20319): need to grow: mSize = 1048576, size = 90112, freeSpace()
= 81110, numRows = 12
E/CursorWindow(20319): not growing since there are already 12 row(s), max size 1
E/Cursor (20319): Failed allocating 90112 bytes for blob at 11,3
E/CursorWindow(20319): need to grow: mSize = 1048576, size = 90112, freeSpace()
= 81110, numRows = 12
E/CursorWindow(20319): not growing since there are already 12 row(s), max size 1
E/Cursor (20319): Failed allocating 90112 bytes for blob at 11,3
D/AudioTrack( 5931): Request AudioFlinger to create track
W/ActivityManager( 5677): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{40769a70 com.
lge.SprintHiddenMenu/.sprintspec.DIAG}
W/InputManagerService( 5677): Starting input on non-focused client com.android.i
nternal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@407793d0 (uid=10005 pid=5931)
D/PowerManagerService( 5677): releaseWakeLock flags=0x1 tag=ActivityManager-Laun
ch
D/PowerManagerService( 5677): acquireWakeLock flags=0x1 tag=AlarmManager
D/PowerManagerService( 5677): releaseWakeLock flags=0x1 tag=AlarmManager
best i can understand there is a problem with java?
i did notice that it said diag writeable = false

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones