• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with my Samsung Galaxy Ace :(

Hi. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace last Saturday. When charging a new phone for the first time, I know that you have to drain the battery before charging it 'til the battery's full. I did not know that you have to turn the phone off during the initial charge and you have to charge it for 8 hours. So when I first charged my Galaxy Ace, I did not switch it off and instead downloaded apps from the Market.

Now, my phone's battery easily drains. Like if I use Facebook for just an hour or two, the battery icon shows a great depletion. Was this possibly caused by not initially charging the phone properly? What could I do to fix my battery? How many hours should I charge my phone? What is the average life span of your Galaxy Ace's battery?

Please help me. :(

I didn't drain and charge my battery at 100% too, according to some post in the internet as long as its Li-on battery you don't have to do the drain and charge.

please correct this if I'm wrong.

and can I still do the drain and charge for 8 to 12 hours even if its not the initial charge? will it not overcharge the battery?

Upvote 0
Hi. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace last Saturday. When charging a new phone for the first time, I know that you have to drain the battery before charging it 'til the battery's full. I did not know that you have to turn the phone off during the initial charge and you have to charge it for 8 hours. So when I first charged my Galaxy Ace, I did not switch it off and instead downloaded apps from the Market.

Now, my phone's battery easily drains. Like if I use Facebook for just an hour or two, the battery icon shows a great depletion. Was this possibly caused by not initially charging the phone properly? What could I do to fix my battery? How many hours should I charge my phone? What is the average life span of your Galaxy Ace's battery?

Please help me. :(

Just download android booster from the Market and your problem will be solve. It will tell you when your battery is full. Because, based on my observation, when charging my phone it shows you 100% but truly its not, its just about 87%. After I installed Android booster it is still showing 100% but the full recharge tone still doesn't alarm, So, I just waited until the Full Recharge tone rings then take it out. My battery last for almost 2 days w/ a normal use.

Upvote 0
That is the same problem that i had. I bought my new Galaxy Ace, a week ago, and my first charge after buying it, is 2 hours only, and i didn't noticed that it must charge for 8 hours or whatever, please help me, my battery drains fast, how can I fix that? It says on the internet, Ace can stand by for "Up to 640 h (2G) / Up to 420 h (3G)" - Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - Full phone specifications
but mine is stand bys for 4 to 6 hours. Please help me, how does it takes the proper charging for first time must be? and should i turn off my phone while charging it? How? please help me..

Upvote 0
Howdy folks, I brought my Galaxy Ace about 3 weeks ago. there's no need to charge it for 8-12 hours. What I do is let the battery drop to about 5% then I turn the phone off plug in charger, then let it charge until it says 100% on the phones screen (It'll take about 2-3 hours) & then I switch phone back on. I done this a few times & I can get upto 4 days stand-by with moderate use!!

Reactions: DeAndre
Upvote 0
Atlast........
Guy I hv found out the solution...finally it is working for me.
Expert told me,smtime battry comed in contact wid carbon or moisture....to remove tht carbon,remove d battery and rub golden plates which r on our battety by a pin/screw dtiver/ anything else......
Then place d battry in phone again..
And charge it for complete 100%..u wont face any problm nw...enjoy..
I rrcommend u all to use (Juice defender & android booster) can be downloaded from market...!
Phewwww...its done..:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones