1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Help with New Google Nexus 7 Tablet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barc43, Aug 4, 2013.

1. barc43

barc43 Lurker

I just bought the Nexus 7 2nd generation tablet with Android 4.3 and I am new to Android. I have widgets all over the place and they are cluttering the screens. Can anyone tell me how to: delete them, move them to the lock screen,etc. ? I want my lock screen to show Gmail, weather, notifications, etc..

I am confident that you wonderful folks can help me get the tires out of the mud so I can back on the right road.

Thanks and have a great day. :):)

Advertisement

2. strollin

strollin Well-Known Member

In order to remove something from the Home screen (or move it to a different page) you need to long press on the icon. Long press means to press and hold the icon without lifting your finger. After about 1 second, you'll notice that the Google search bar will move off the screen and be replaced by the text "X Remove". Without lifting your finger, drag the icon up to the "X Remove" and it will be removed from that screen. This does not uninstall the app, only removes it from the screen. You could also drag the icon to the left or right to move it to other screens.

trophynuts likes this.
  3. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

Or you can long press and fling it to remove. (Long press and flick upwards) You will see the icon/widget fly off the top of the screen.

To add widgets to the lock screen, simply press the + icon and select from the list. Scroll left/right for more pages.