• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with OS for Samsung Intercept

I've been having a lot of problems the past week with my Samsung Intercept. It constantly freezes when I receive and make calls and it drops calls. The browser freezes and so does the handcent SMS. It will shut off on it's own without me turning the phone off. It is very frustrating and I am not sure why it keeps doing it. A friend told me to save all my music and pictures to my memory card and reinstall the OS.

How do I reinstall the OS for the intercept or for an Android phone in general? Are there any websites that give you step by step instructions on how to do this? This is the only option I can think to do to fix these problems. I find it ridiculous that I have to do this after having the phone for only three months.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones