1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help with phone please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mochastix, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Mochastix

Mochastix Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Please help! I'm not entirely sure I grasp how this technology works, and would love some help. I need to set my mom up with the internet when she moves to a rural area soon. I want to use Sprint but I'm not sure which is the better way to go.

A) Get a sierra wireless Usb airport thing (i might be using the wrong teminology?) and add the $60/month fee for 5GB/month. OR

B) get her a LG Optimus phone and enable Hotspot for $30/month. From what I understand hotspot usage is unlimited. (To me, this seems like the waay better deal, but almost too good to be true.)

She only want to use the internet to send e-mails, upload photos, and stream netflix.

Is the Optimus the best choice?

Advertisement

2. lou61166

lou61166 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    I would not suggest using the V to hotspot for any length of time,as this is against the terms of use,so you run the risk of a suspended service,Also where did you see a hotspot plan for the V at 30 dollars,last i checked it says 25 for 300 minutes talk unlimited data, texts,i would call your local phone or cable company to get internet to a fixed location,you will have far less problems and more stable service.

3. MrTweaker

MrTweaker Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Remington, MD
    I've got a Clear Ispot hacked to provide wifi to anything. $25/month for their 4G service, but I heard the Ipot is no longer being sold.

4. jms1951

jms1951 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Where were you able to purchase Clear Ispot before and is it hard to hack...thanks

5. lou61166

lou61166 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    Male
    PC Tech Owner Affordable computer repair.
    New Jersey
    As of December 2010 this device and service is no longer available,i do not know why the user would even mention it as an option.

jms1951 likes this.
Tags: