1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Help With Phone Repair

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Andrew Lampart, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Andrew Lampart

Feb 21, 2016

Feb 21, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I dropped my Galaxy S7 Edge last night (for the first time which really pissed me off due to what happened next). It wasn't a huge drop, maybe 2 1/2 or 3 ft, however it did not land on a flat surface. Now there is a thin verticle line aprox 1" from the bottom of the screen. Everything above the line is normal, while everything below it is slightly vibrating. Luckily the touch input is still fine for both sections. My biggest concern right now is the fact that the screen doesn't turn on 90% of the time. Upon pressing the power button, the bottom section of the screen (under the vertical line) flashes white briefly, but the rest of the screen stays black. I need to repeat the process several times before the screen finally turns on. I can still adjust the volume and accept calls, so i know the rest is still in tact.

I have replaced phone parts before, and I'm sure that I will need to again. I just need to know what I need to fix

Please help!

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.