• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with photos

ibsouper

Lurker
May 23, 2010
Hello all, I just found the forum and I would appreciate any feedback.

I'm trying to upload photos from the phone to my macbook. After uploading several pics to "my T-mobile album" and after emailing them to myself, I notice the pictures are pretty small, 480x360.. no where near what I expected from 5 megapixels (and yes, I have the option set at 5mp). What can I do to take larger sized pictures?

Possibly unrelated, I use the stock USB cable to plug in the phone. The phone will charge, but my Macbook does not recognize anything as being plugged in, so I cannot manually browse around to upload my photos. What gives?

Thanks for your time,
ibsouper

Hello all, I just found the forum and I would appreciate any feedback.

I'm trying to upload photos from the phone to my macbook. After uploading several pics to "my T-mobile album" and after emailing them to myself, I notice the pictures are pretty small, 480x360.. no where near what I expected from 5 megapixels (and yes, I have the option set at 5mp). What can I do to take larger sized pictures?

Possibly unrelated, I use the stock USB cable to plug in the phone. The phone will charge, but my Macbook does not recognize anything as being plugged in, so I cannot manually browse around to upload my photos. What gives?

Thanks for your time,
ibsouper

Well 1st thing is usually the Pictures get re sized when they're mailed. Texted etc. so going that route is never easy.

The other way is if you want to get pics off you could just pull the SD card from the phone and copy them over that way. It's annoying but it may be your only recourse if you can't get recognized by USB.

Reactions: ibsouper
Upvote 0
i have a quick question about putting photos on your phone that were not taken with the phone's camera.

if a photo was not taken with the phone's camera and was downloaded or emailed to the phone, when viewing those photos will they always be letterboxed? (black lines on the top or sides of the photo)

It seems to me that the only time I can get a photo to fill the entire screen (w/out zooming) is when I take the photo with the phone's camera.

Even if I send the full 3mb photo via email, it is still letterboxed when vieiwing it.

Granted, I have never connected the phone to my computer and transferred pics that way since my charger was stolen from my bag while flying. Maybe that fixes the letterbox problem?

Upvote 0
I run into the same issue with photos I didn't take with my phone. My wife sends me pictures from her 8900 all the time and unless I zoom, they're not very large. I know in that case the phone does re-size them when they're sent via MMS. When I upload photos from my computer to my BH2, I don't notice any problems with them being full size or letterboxing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones