• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with recovery please

vw4days

Lurker
Oct 8, 2011
Hi so my sprint hero has been rooted with amon ra custom recovery and fresh rom 2.1. I recently wished to try the the new cm7 rom so i put the file on the root of my sd card and in the amon ra recovery i cleared all data and choose to install the rom....i got nothing it just would not load anything past the HTC screen which comes on and the phone vibrates and then back to the HTC screen the phone vibrates its a loop. I then read some where, probably incorrectly that clockwork is a requirement for cm7 so i downloaded that (ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5) and followed the adb procedure (II) found here ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5 - xda-developers. In any case i did not get clockwork to load actually now i cannot get any recovery to load the only screen i can get into is the white hboot screen with the three androids skating the bottom of the screen. It sais "no image" or "wrong image" and the computer no longer recognizes the phone so i have no adb access. Im lost here and i know that shows, i just need to get back to any point where i have access to the phone. If you have any knowledge about this happening or can help in any way id really appreciate it. Or would you say i have the dreaded brick on my hands here? Thank you all for your time and awesome work opening up android phones to everyone.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones