1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help with recovery please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vw4days, Oct 8, 2011.

1. vw4days

vw4days Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    Hi so my sprint hero has been rooted with amon ra custom recovery and fresh rom 2.1. I recently wished to try the the new cm7 rom so i put the file on the root of my sd card and in the amon ra recovery i cleared all data and choose to install the rom....i got nothing it just would not load anything past the HTC screen which comes on and the phone vibrates and then back to the HTC screen the phone vibrates its a loop. I then read some where, probably incorrectly that clockwork is a requirement for cm7 so i downloaded that (ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5) and followed the adb procedure (II) found here ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.0.5 - xda-developers. In any case i did not get clockwork to load actually now i cannot get any recovery to load the only screen i can get into is the white hboot screen with the three androids skating the bottom of the screen. It sais "no image" or "wrong image" and the computer no longer recognizes the phone so i have no adb access. Im lost here and i know that shows, i just need to get back to any point where i have access to the phone. If you have any knowledge about this happening or can help in any way id really appreciate it. Or would you say i have the dreaded brick on my hands here? Thank you all for your time and awesome work opening up android phones to everyone.

Advertisement

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    You might have reflash the stock Android 2.1 with HTC Sense UI RUU. You can grab the RUU at the Sprint or HTC website.

You will also need to install HTC Sync so that your computer can communicate with your Sprint HTC Hero during the installation of the stock ROM. Give that a try and see if it at least gets you back to square one.

3. vw4days

vw4days Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    This is what I want to do but as it is htc sync does not seem to recognize the phone possibly because there is no OS on the phone and no working recovery. Any ideas about loading a recovery from the hboot screen?

4. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    If you have s-off, you will be able to

5. kenh0y

kenh0y Newbie
    None

Sep 16, 2011
    Did you ever get your problem solved? Back to "square one" that is? Or was it bricked?

Tags: