• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with reinstalling stock messaging!

I've already done a reset (although I'm not 100% sure if it was hard or soft, but I did lose all my stuff). Here's what happened:

I got the Droid back in April and around the end of August my phone updated itself. I didn't do anything to it; it just turned off by itself one time and when it came back on my homescreen was different. Later I went to send a text using the stock messaging app (I didn't have any other ones), and when I tapped the icon it said something like "sorry this application is not installed." I ended up installing Chomp (which sucked) and later Handcent. I couldn't get either to send a picture message. Then a few days ago I got a message saying I needed to update my phone, which I tried to do, but I just got an exclamation point and had to take the battery out to even get it to turn on again. After that happened again the next day I took it to Verizon. They got it to turn on but they couldn't figure out how to get the stock messaging app back on it (!!!) so they just installed Handcent again and told me, basically, that it was good as new.
Of course when I tried it out it still won't send a picture message.

Does anyone know how to either reinstall the stock messaging app or to get Handcent to send a freakin' picture message?!

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hmm,

Was the exclamantion Mark within a Triangle? Like this:

htc-hero-recovery-mode.jpg

I also need to know ur device model too thanx

Woopsy! Sorry i see ur model now :)

Stinky Stinky
imgres

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones