• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with removing APK, PLEASE Devs!

TF1984

Android Enthusiast
Nov 3, 2009
Southeast US
I REALLY need some assistance, think I screwed my phone, really want to avoid a hard wipe.

I installed Lockbot the other day, has some issues with dual lock layers (i.e. the lockbot app wasn't disabling my HTC lock so I had two unlocks.). emailed dev and he sent me a beta version to hopefully correct issue. I only received an apk file from him.

FYI I am on fresh 1.1, rooted.

I used the kitchen to puch this file: "LockBotPro_1.10.0_beta.apk" to /system/app.

The install went successfully, but later after a reboot I face a HUGE issue. The lockbot app is hanging upon reboot and will not unlock. At first I thought i would still be okay, I had ATK and Advanced Task manager both running at start up, so I can enter both of them through my notification drop down menu. I used both to kill the task-to no avail it is still locked. I tried to use advanced task manager to uninstall lockbot - to no avail, it cannot be removed.

Then I tried to pull back the file through kitchen, to no avail.

I don't know what to do. I cannot get my phone to unlock and i cannot pull the file off through adb or kitchen. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA ON HOW TO FIX THIS??????

Restore from backup, you did create a backup, right...

Actually no, I hadn't made a back up in about three weeks and just about everything on my phone had changed since then.

i just put a "high Priority" recurring weekly task on my calendar to back up each Wednesday and Saturday from now on. I never want to lose 5 hours of time and access to my business mobile again. :(

Upvote 0
Can you do me a favor and take a screen cap of your cmd window after you've gone in through your adb shell and displayed the entire list contained within /system/app?

Bluescreen,
I appreciate your interest and offering help, however I have finally rid myself of that program SOMEHOW and am never going back. I don't have the CMD message anymore.

Somehow I got it off my phone. Then every app was FC so I had to re-install each. Then I tried one more time with the apk and it F'ed everything again - but this time I had a nandroid back up so I pulled a restore.

Again, thanks for offering your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones