1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help With Replacing SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scotlac, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been having issues recently with my Evo communicating with my PC. As of today it seems to have completely given out. It won't connect as a drive at all.

So, I went and picked up a new card but when I place it in the phone and reboot it doesn't go fully into operational mode. It boots into the home screen where I can see my wallpaper and all the icons (wifi, battery, etc.) but there is no lock screen, no apps and no phone. The only way to get out of this is to do a nandroid restore.

I'm running MikG 2.52. Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Advertisement

2. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

Had a similar problem lately myself. Did you try reflashing a rom ? Try completely reflashing your rom. What you are seeing is the phone in " safe mode". Its detecting something corrupt.

Scotlac and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

Thanks for the quick reply Hove!

So, that's what safe mode looks like? Interesting.

Once I flash my nandroid backup everything goes back to functioning perfectly. It's only when I insert the new card that things go wonky. Do you still think that I need to reflash a fresh version of the ROM?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would make a copy of your card and reformat it with your phone and try again.

Scotlac likes this.
  5. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

Oy! Not sure what's going on here. I copied everything off of the old card and formatted the new card but when I try to transfer stuff over I get all kinds of errors.

6. hove131

You need to reflash the rom ... dont restore to an old nanny backup. After you flash the new rom ... then try restoring.

Scotlac likes this.
  7. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

Okay, thanks again Hove! I'm trying that right now and I'll report back in a few minutes.

8. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

Alright, looking good!

I reflashed MikG 2.5 and then followed Ocn's instructions for partitioning. I'm copying the contents of the old card over at the moment and so far everybody seems to be playing nicely.

I've got a few gigs worth of stuff on there so it's gonna be 30 minutes or so. I'll pop back in after it's done to let you know for sure that I'm back up and running. :)

9. hove131

Best of luck !

Scotlac likes this.
  10. Scotlac

Scotlac Member

Looks like I'm back up and running. Thanks again fellas!

11. hove131

good to hear !

Tags: