• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help With Replacing SD Card

Scotlac

Jun 4, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I've been having issues recently with my Evo communicating with my PC. As of today it seems to have completely given out. It won't connect as a drive at all.

So, I went and picked up a new card but when I place it in the phone and reboot it doesn't go fully into operational mode. It boots into the home screen where I can see my wallpaper and all the icons (wifi, battery, etc.) but there is no lock screen, no apps and no phone. The only way to get out of this is to do a nandroid restore.

I'm running MikG 2.52. Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Thanks for the quick reply Hove!

So, that's what safe mode looks like? Interesting.

Once I flash my nandroid backup everything goes back to functioning perfectly. It's only when I insert the new card that things go wonky. Do you still think that I need to reflash a fresh version of the ROM?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick reply Hove!

So, that's what safe mode looks like? Interesting.

Once I flash my nandroid backup everything goes back to functioning perfectly. It's only when I insert the new card that things go wonky. Do you still think that I need to reflash a fresh version of the ROM?

i would make a copy of your card and reformat it with your phone and try again.

Reactions: Scotlac
Upvote 0
Alright, looking good!

I reflashed MikG 2.5 and then followed Ocn's instructions for partitioning. I'm copying the contents of the old card over at the moment and so far everybody seems to be playing nicely.

I've got a few gigs worth of stuff on there so it's gonna be 30 minutes or so. I'll pop back in after it's done to let you know for sure that I'm back up and running. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones