• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with reset

CTerrian

May 17, 2012
I've been trying to reset my daughter's zMAX 2 phone but, it won't accept her email address I keep getting this retry dialogue:

https://s31.postimg.org/5y72cvi0b/IMG_20160716_112031.jpg

Is there any way to reset the phone without it asking for a previous email address?

Last edited:
I recommend to add other Gmail account, delete your daughter's account. Restart and add the account again, then select as default your daughter's account and delete the other account.

It won't accept any new ones either.

From what I understand, the very first GMail account she used is the one it's looking for. Of course we know the account, but we must use that same old password, and she can't remember it.

Since we used "Forgot password" on Google, and reset the password, AT&T said we have to wait 24 hours before it would work. But they are wrong.. it's been over a week now, and we still can't get the phone to accept her GMail account.

Anyone got an idea?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones