1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Help with Roaming MMS

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ayrshiredude, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ok so I am with T-Mobile in the UK and am currently in the US. I have, with advice from here and T-Mobile, disabled the roaming data in both the mobile networks section and also the data network mode in the power button.

My am on the flext tariff which gives me a monthly allowance rather than set txts and calls. When I am abroad it costs me 40p per txt to send back to the uk, however mms messages come off my allowance. I am trying to send mms messages however when I send them it says service unavailable will resend when it becomes available.

I don't want my phone using data while over here as its like 7 pounds 50 p per mb so that could easily mount up.

Is there something I can do to be able to send mms messages without having to enable data while roaming?

Advertisement

2. computerhac

computerhac New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    i have a similar problem with my atrix. i have at&t and i am spending some time in a place where at&t is not available. im going to be here for a while so i dont want to keep data roaming on but i would still like to send mms. is there a way to do that without having to turn it on and off all the time?

3. ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Well seems not. What I discovered was that if you turn data roaming off so that you don't get stupid bills for data roaming (

computerhac likes this.