• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with ROM install!

tmette

Dec 11, 2009
Illinois
Ok, so I was quite bored this afternoon and finally decided to root my Droid. Now I need a little bit of help because I'm quite confused.

I had the OTA 2.1 update installed on my Droid before all of this. So, I did the firmware flash using RSDlite and got my Droid back to 2.0.1. Then I rooted the phone and I know it worked because I got the Special Permissions thing as an App. I could also open up a terminal and type "su" and get the # instead of $. After this stopped the OTA updates by renaming that one file.

At this point I was feeling pretty confident so I decided to download/buy ROM Manager. I did the whole Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to be able to download ROMs through the app. Now, I wanted to install the Bugless Beast v0.9 because I saw some Youtube reviews and really like the looks of it. So I chose it and picked the Chevy 1Ghz for overclocking my CPU. I also made sure to check Backup current ROM, and the Wipe Cache option. When it finally restarted and finished, it was just like a blank slate. I didn't have the WiFi tether app, or the Over-clocking app like in the Youtube videos. So then I figured that maybe I needed to also install the Baseband Update. So I did this and it seems the same thing. I also noticed that my firmware is now 2.1 instead of 2.0.1.

Can anyone shed some light for me? Am I doing something wrong? Should I try a different ROM?

Thanks for the reply Fabolous!

I actually ended up going with the most recent stable version of CyanogenMod. I really like it! I also found the SetCPU app and purchased it. I have a question regarding it though. I've tried picking both the AutoDetect setting and the Motorola Droid/Milestone setting, and I can only set the CPU up to 600Mhz. I want it to be more around 900Mhz-1Ghz. How can I do this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones