1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help with Rom Manager Pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JimReid, Sep 24, 2011.

1. JimReid

JimReid Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Sr. IT Project Manager
    Williamstown, NJ
    OK, here goes. I have an Optimus V from VM. I rooted it a couple months ago to try to make more room and used move2sd to move some of the apps to the SD Drive. Worked but not enough.

Finally, decided that I would try one of the new ROM's. Settled on the Rom Manager(free) and when I saw how it worked decided to get the pro verison (5.99) so that I could download ROMs and try them.

First ROM I downloaded was the new (Honeycomb?) one and it started to install. Everything seemed to be working the way advertised until it started to reboot. It just hung. I had to remove the battery to get it to shut down.

I rebooted in recovery mode and got the Rom Manager screen. This gave me 9 choices of things to do and I tried all 9 and confirmed with the home key and nothing happens. If I hit the home key again it goes back to the menu. This is how I ended up trying all 9 options. Nothing seems to work.

Any help out there? :mad:

Advertisement

2. a5pe4

a5pe4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    ROM Manager has caused tons of problems with V's according to many threads. You really should never use ROM Manager.

JimReid likes this.
  3. JimReid

JimReid Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Sr. IT Project Manager
    Williamstown, NJ
    Thanks for the response but I found what I was doing wrong. The biggest problem I see is that a lot of the apps don't have instructions. I was using Rom Manager Pro wrong. You select what you want to do and then hit the camera button to select it! Never said that anywhere and I just happend to touch it by mistake. I restored my backup and then tried a couple other ROMs and they worked fine. Not what I wanted but they are least worked.

Thanks for the response though.

4. yogi-4

yogi-4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Truck Driver
    Steeler Country
    I do believe Honeycomb is for tablets only. Glad you got it straightened out. You can go here for info on Rom Manager and our 'V' thanks to AndyOpie.

5. a5pe4

a5pe4 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    Glad you figured it out!

Tags: