• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with root, please!

juchito

May 8, 2011
Hello to all, i'm a noob so please understand. I download the ginger break apk to my computer, Than I email myself and installed. When i click Root device it just stay there forever, Nothing happend. All i have to do is press the home bottom and back to normal. what is wrong? How I know if my phone is root? Help

Upvote 0
Im running 2.2.1, And after a few more try same thing keep happening. This time I didnt email the app to myself I installed in the sdcard and opened with thinkfree office, Installed and same thing. Stay there forever, Never reboot. I did a factory reset everything seem normal so im sure im not root. The question is, Why is doing that?

Upvote 0
Ok, I install z4root, Than i click on root temporary, on the bottom of the screen when it say acquiring shell root something like that suddenly go back to the normal screen, Normal main menu and thats it. I ran root checker and im not root, Why my phone does not want to be rooted, what im doing wrong? Help

Upvote 0
Im running 2.2.1, And after a few more try same thing keep happening. This time I didnt email the app to myself I installed in the sdcard and opened with thinkfree office, Installed and same thing. Stay there forever, Never reboot. I did a factory reset everything seem normal so im sure im not root. The question is, Why is doing that?

Huh? Try an app installer instead, why are you trying to install with thinkfree office? - to be honest if you can't install an app I wouldn't even think about rooting :thinking:

Upvote 0
Ok, I install z4root, Than i click on root temporary, on the bottom of the screen when it say acquiring shell root something like that suddenly go back to the normal screen, Normal main menu and thats it. I ran root checker and im not root, Why my phone does not want to be rooted, what im doing wrong? Help

Try permanent instead, there's no reason to go back once rooted.. atleast for me lol. I'm sure the noob guide should work if its done correctly and with patients.

Upvote 0
Martyn, I do know alot about computer, video games sytems, etc.. but never root a phone before so that make me a noob. I use thinkfree office because I read it in another post another website. Phubu I have not try what sammy say because mine is 2.2.1. His post is for 2.2.2. By the way I also try the permanent root and no luck.

Upvote 0
Martyn, I do know alot about computer, video games sytems, etc.. but never root a phone before so that make me a noob. I use thinkfree office because I read it in another post another website. Phubu I have not try what sammy say because mine is 2.2.1. His post is for 2.2.2. By the way I also try the permanent root and no luck.

Go ahead and give what sammyz said to try, a whirl. It will work for 2.2.2 and below (since 2.2.1 is lower than 2.2.2). You will need to have the phone connected to your computer with the USB cable to do that method. It works though, I've done it.

Upvote 0
Ok guys im so sorry mine is 2.2.2, Dont know what I was thinking. Now, The problem still there. I did what sammy suggested, I also follow the video tutorial step by step. Everything seem fine, When i press any key to reboot it work and the phone reboot but after is on I check for that app superuser and is not there so i guess I still not root. What could be wrong?

Upvote 0
@Sammyz: Doesn't The Getting out of fastboot method flashes an already rooted stock or custom rom, cant he tried that or does the phone need to be rooted for it?

If you are in fastboot you can flash a rom and recovery.

use this:
Code:
fastboot erase data
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase splash
fastboot reboot
fastboot flash recovery [U]recovery.img[/U]
fastboot flash boot [U]boot.img[/U]
fastboot flash data [U]rom.zip[/U]
fastboot continue

All the underlined parts can vary in name (.img or .zip may or may not show up in windows, but it is named that) . Also they must be in the same directory as fastboot.exe (which may show up as fastboot)

I can make an autorun to do this for OP if he wants it.

Edit: there is no way to get into fastboot at all unless you root first.
The tricks to getting into fastboot on purpose require a custom recovery already installed. Once it is installed, wipe /boot and reboot. It will be in fastboot. I do not recommend the OP doing this though as sometimes the Windows drivers for fastboot fail to install.

Upvote 0
If you are in fastboot you can flash a rom and recovery.

use this:
Code:
fastboot erase data
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase splash
fastboot reboot
fastboot flash recovery [U]recovery.img[/U]
fastboot flash boot [U]boot.img[/U]
fastboot flash data [U]rom.zip[/U]
fastboot continue

All the underlined parts can vary in name (.img or .zip may or may not show up in windows, but it is named that) . Also they must be in the same directory as fastboot.exe (which may show up as fastboot)

I can make an autorun to do this for OP if he wants it.

Edit: there is no way to get into fastboot at all unless you root first.
The tricks to getting into fastboot on purpose require a custom recovery already installed. Once it is installed, wipe /boot and reboot. It will be in fastboot. I do not recommend the OP doing this though as sometimes the Windows drivers for fastboot fail to install.

Never mind than that might put him in deeper complications lol.

Android hogs suggested the next best available suggestion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones