• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with root, probably easy solution!!!

Hey there, so I used HTCdev.com to unlock my phone.... and now I cant do an HBOOT..... any ideas why i cant? Heres some info...
This is the screen for HBOOT:

***unlocked***
Marvelc PVT ship S-on RL
HBOOT: 1.10.001
Microp: 0345
Radio: 0.94.00.0109
(It starts the normal check with the quick flash of txts.... Then says.)

Model ID incorrect
Update fail!
Press <POWER> to restart

Here's my info on the phone itself.
Model ID: PG7600
Model: Wildfire S
Carrier: virgin mobile/usa

EDIT: MIND YOU! THE PHONE STILL WORKS IN EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM! I JUST CANT HBOOT!

Edit: I think im missing the PG76DIAG.img.....

Edit: More info

model number HTC_A510c
Android version: 2.3.4
Software version: 3.01.652.1 ORD

Edit: tried to run RUU from HTCDEV.com, and it says it cant upgrade

edit: somehow.... i ran on cmd prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvel.img

i didnt realize that it wasnt the 'c' version..... and it worked while i was surfing the web...... (im not sure at what point it went through) so im now running the right .img.... hopeing that will work..... even if it says success.... does that mean it will re-write my "missing file" PG76DIAG.img?

it says, waiting for device, which it said before and thats why i stopped paying attention to the cmd window. but at some point it went through.....

and FURTHER MORE.... i read somewhere it could be two certain files arnt matching up.... CID/MID in a txt doc? does this sound familiar? not sure how to even edit/add these files....

Hey there, so I used HTCdev.com to unlock my phone.... and now I cant do an HBOOT..... any ideas why i cant? Heres some info...
This is the screen for HBOOT:

***unlocked***
Marvelc PVT ship S-on RL
HBOOT: 1.10.001
Microp: 0345
Radio: 0.94.00.0109
(It starts the normal check with the quick flash of txts.... Then says.)

Model ID incorrect
Update fail!
Press <POWER> to restart

Here's my info on the phone itself.
Model ID: PG7600
Model: Wildfire S
Carrier: virgin mobile/usa

EDIT: MIND YOU! THE PHONE STILL WORKS IN EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM! I JUST CANT HBOOT!

Edit: I think im missing the PG76DIAG.img.....

Edit: More info

model number HTC_A510c
Android version: 2.3.4
Software version: 3.01.652.1 ORD

Edit: tried to run RUU from HTCDEV.com, and it says it cant upgrade

edit: somehow.... i ran on cmd prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.8-marvel.img

i didnt realize that it wasnt the 'c' version..... and it worked while i was surfing the web...... (im not sure at what point it went through) so im now running the right .img.... hopeing that will work..... even if it says success.... does that mean it will re-write my "missing file" PG76DIAG.img?

it says, waiting for device, which it said before and thats why i stopped paying attention to the cmd window. but at some point it went through.....

and FURTHER MORE.... i read somewhere it could be two certain files arnt matching up.... CID/MID in a txt doc? does this sound familiar? not sure how to even edit/add these files....
If your phone says **UNLOCKED** then that means that it's already unlocked. You can skip that part and go straight to the rooting bit. No need to update.
Now what exactly are you trying to do? not sure I understand the rest

Upvote 0
Well, maybe im just unsure how too root it... but when i read the guide....

and i go to install CWM for my phone..... i cant get into the HBOOT.... when it does the self check... it says that error...

Model ID incorrect
Update fail!
Press <POWER> to restart

So if i cant do anything on my HBOOT screen... how am i suppose to root it?

Edit: like right here.... the next step after....
"4C. Flash root.zip
Boot into HBOOT and go into Recovery. Then select install zip from sd card and choose zip from sd card. Then find the root.zip file downloaded above and install it."

I cant even get into recovery. i cant change options at all before the message appears.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones