• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with rooting

A word of caution, Titanium backup doesn't recognize the pro key.

I had the same issue when restoring the pro key from tibu.

I uninstalled the pro key and installed from the play store and it recognized instantly.

I've found I've had issues restoring apps from tibu on the new device. I've been installing everything from the play store and then just restoring the data with tibu and all is well.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue when restoring the pro key from tibu.

I uninstalled the pro key and installed from the play store and it recognized instantly.

I've found I've had issues restoring apps from tibu on the new device. I've been installing everything from the play store and then just restoring the data with tibu and all is well.

I restored backups from my S4 and everything is peachy. :p

Upvote 0
A little update, I ended up getting a 32GB Black and was able to sell my 16GB. I tried rooting my 32GB and exactly the same happened! So I reread the instructions and notice a bit that after flashing recovery reboot into bootloader before rebooting into recovery.

I did this and all is well now.

I feel a bit silly though!!

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Reboot into bootloader, reflash recovery, reboot back into bootloader, then choose recovery in bootloader, once it has booted into recovery adb push the superSU zip then flash it
Hey thanks for your reply. Followed that exactly but it says error: device not found.

When I type fastboot devices it displays: 03afbca80935a851

No other command works, keeps saying device not found...

Man, have I bricked my phone?

Upvote 0
Wow what a massive panic and stressful few hours that was. I took your advice jhawkkw and downloaded the factory image from: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#hammerheadkrt16m

Followed this step-by-step guide here: How to: Flash Nexus 5 Factory Images | Droid Life

After 'fastboot -w update image-hammerhead-krt16m.zip' it automatically rebooted and it showed the four coloured circles bootscreen for about five minutes, thinking it had failed! But it finally moved and I was given the welcome screen like turning it on for the first time.

I have never felt so sick with stress before. I've worked so hard to save up the money to treat myself to a new phone and I honestly thought I had just thrown

Upvote 0
No I don't think I did to be honest.

Should I have unlocked the bootloader, then rebooted fully into Android and then gone back into fastboot mode to flash a recovery?

Yeah, that is a common issue that I see when people first attempt to root which is why I guessed it was that. It's because the unlock invokes a wipe and the device needs to boot back up to re-establish the file system. That's why you were getting errors in recovery about not being able to mount/find folders and what not.

Since the device was unlocked & flashed back to stock and you booted it up properly, you shouldn't have any issues picking back up at downloading the su file and flashing recovery to flash it.

Reactions: Hook and Lettuce
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones