• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with screen capture

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
This issue is with a Samsung Galaxy tab 2-10.1 GT-P5113 that I am giving to a friend. Before I get into the issue. This Samsung tablet is in good working order and is not rooted, it is stock. Now I am have a lot of trouble getting a screen shot on this tablet holding down the power button + volume down button. I (8 out of 10 tries) end up with the volume slider in the picture. See the 1st picture at the Dropbox link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovikw4iklge3grl/samsung screen shot.jpg?dl=0 If I am having trouble screen capturing a picture with the power + volume buttons. My friend is going to have 4 times the trouble. She doesn't have the manual dexterity that I have.
My other tablet that I have (a Certified MDI-M514 that I am keeping) has an icon in the favorites bar for screen capturing as well as doing it with the power + volume button way. See the 2nd picture at this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyq1znilqwvpmx/certified screen shot.jpg?dl=0 The screen capture icon in the 2nd picture has a red circle around it. I have been hunting for a 3rd party screen capture app that has that icon on the home screen like the Certified tablet to put on the Samsung tablet. There are hundreds of app's out there on this subject. But I keep running into the same road blocks. 1. It won't work on the Samsung. 2 the app needs a rooted tablet. 3 That isn't hard to install (I found 1 but it is a 2 part install and the 2nd part from the laptop won't work). 4 To many bells and whistles for her computer/tablet skills level. Does anyone have any ideas of an app that will work.

Steve

Yeah, I have a Tab 2 7" and the print screen button was eliminated in one of the s/w upgrades. Really hated that. Especially since it was a setting where you could swap the button out if you wanted to.
Can't help with an app but the only suggestion is try pressing the Power button, then Vol Down. I have an old Samsung phone that I have to do the same with. With practice it gets easier. Good luck.
* same with my Tab Pro 8.4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones