1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with screenshots in 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blendergasket, Sep 14, 2011.

1. blendergasket

blendergasket Lurker

Hi All, I'm trying to make a bunch of screenshot in order to make some user interface designs and I'm not having a bit of luck.

I'm running windows 7 32 bit on a black macbook using bootcamp.

I downloaded the Java JDK 7 without EE or netbeans and the Android SDK. I installed the SDK in: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk , which is where it automatically installed to.

I went into the developer settings on my phone and enabled the USB debugging. Then I plugged the phone in and ran ddms.bat. I pulled up the debugging interface but the device list on the left was not populated with any devices so the screenshot option was greyed out.

I then tried to figure out WTF was going on and went into the devices (all of my activities have come from blogposts I've found on google) and noticed a warning ! in a yellow triangle. I click on the hardware tab and see many lines with the first being ADB with the ! in the orange triangle warning on it.

I then tried to install the drivers for ADB but the system couldn't find them automatically and when I navigated to where they were (C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver\) and tried to tell Windows that this was the driver. Windows told me that it was unable to find the drivers.

What have I done wrong and/or what should I do to get my computer to give me screenshots? Any ideas?

Thanks a ton for slogging through this and for any insight you may be able to give me.

Sincerely

Blendergasket

Advertisement

2. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert

just root it if screenshots mean that much to you

3. blendergasket

blendergasket Lurker

I read the visionary root will brick a T-Mobile G2 running Gingerbread.

I figured it out though. I downloaded PDANET and installed it. It prompted me to add drivers and I added the drivers for HTC. This replaced the seemingly not properly installed ADB drivers that I assume the SDK was supposed to add. Anyhow, PDANET is the way to go if anyone else has this problem.

4. MRguyandhis2

MRguyandhis2 Well-Known Member

You can also download them from htc's website

Tags: