• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help with sd card please

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I factory reset my phone without taking out my sd card first. Now my phone wont mount the sd card or let me format it either. I put my sd card in a computer and it worked fine but every sd card I put in my phone says its safe to remove sd card.... can this be fixed if so HOW?!?!

What happens if you turn the phone off, put in a new, but known-to-be-good, SD card and turn the phone on?

If the phone doesn't work under those conditions, there's probably something bad with the phone - whether it went bad because you reset the phone, or it just happened to go bad when you reset the phone is something no one will probably ever know.

If the phone does work under these conditions, you may have a bunch of partially bad SD cards.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones