1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Help with SD card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crewchief227, Oct 3, 2010.

1. crewchief227

crewchief227 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Hey all,

I did a search and could not get what I am looking for so here it goes. I don't have a regular computer at home nor a friend that has one so I really on my evo as my pocket laptop, anyways when I dumped AT&T my old phone had a 1 gb card with a little over 100 songs I have downloaded and still have this card. Now instead of going online and downloading all of these songs is there a way to pop out the 8 gb card in my evo then popping in the other card and transferring the mp3 onto the onboard memory then swapping the 8 gb card back into my evo and transferring the songs onto the new card? Please any help is useful I am computer Davy as I work as a network systems engineer for the government I am just not Android savy as I am in my first week messing with the Droid.

Advertisement

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    No, you'll have to have some other drive (ie...computer) to drag/drop. The phone can't transfer from one card to the other.

3. crewchief227

crewchief227 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Danny that sucks I guess I will have to go thru the long process of downloading the same songs from 4shared.com thanks for the help anyways.

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    something like Estrong file manager.. might be able give u assess to other drives. my guess, you will need root access.

or..

use a website that gives you a free storage area...
    dump your files there from the 1gb.
    then bring them back to your new card.

or..

email them to yourself..

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    Another thought...

Do you still have the old phone? Does it have bluetooth? Pair them and bluetooth the files over to the new phone/card

Tags: