• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with semi-functional FRPed phone.

Hilldog

Lurker
Aug 4, 2018
So, I was given a phone by my nephew who is not at all tech savvy. He reset it before mailing it, but didn't remove his accounts, then he changed his Google password. Now the phone will not accept ANY account, and gives a "Try again in 24 hours message" NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME PASSES. I see multitudes of people on threads here and elsewhere in similar circumstances, with no apparent solution. So since then I have backdoored the FRP lock through the "TalkBack exploit" and spent weeks tinkering inside trying to open it. I have tried every trick and exploit I could find in forums: Adding outlook and Google accounts then resetting; disabling, reinstalling and even attempting to patch all Google services and supports. So far nothing breaks the "24 hours" wall. I would love to Root and flash the system, but all app based and "one click" methods have failed. I don't have computer access, but even if I did the few forums threads I've found on my model are made up of people desperately trying to unlock their bootloaders, one of the Verso's biggest drawbacks. So where I'm at now: I have used any app and gimmick I can to make the phone useful, I used a key mapper to return function to my dead hardware buttons, I have a multi function softkey set to start on boot and open my launcher as a permanent bypass to the Google BSOD (and so TalkBack isn't yelling at me every time I have to hack the phone open) I have a notification shade to restore that function and so on. The SIM and IMEI are both blacklisted because of the lock, so no Data/Calling/Messages but WiFi works fine so all those are easy to replace. So I have a working camera, studio, game console, music player and social device.

THE PROBLEM:
Even with all my workarounds, sideloads and accessibility hacks, my phone is dying a slow death of Gapp starvation. Playstore, Support, Framework, all fail completely without the ability to sign in or achieve Root. Update alone has crashed 11... sorry 12 times as I type this up. So that's where I'm at. If anyone has ANY helpful advice about how to preserve/improve/open this phone, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones