• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with setting date and time in Droid X's Camera

raebad

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Basic but frustrating issue with my Droid X - the time stamp for the pictures that I take are way off - the date is actually right, but the time is something like 7 hours too fast.

My phone's date and time is set correctly, of course (it does so automatically) - for some reason though, the camera's date stamp is wrong and I can't figure out how to adjust it. Any idea how I can fix the date and time for the camera?

Thanks!

Let me guess, you are in the central or western half of the United States or Canada.

If so, the pictures are being timestamped in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) which is the time zone that encompasses the Prime Meridian (0 degrees longitude). This is probably an Android feature/annoyance because GMT is considered "universal time".

-Mike

Upvote 0
That's right - the time stamp must be showing GMT (its 7 hours off PST) when I review the file info on my computer.

BUT, its actually stamped with the right time when I look at the file in my picture gallery in my Droid X.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix things so that picture files on my computer correctly display the time the picture was taken?

Upvote 0
That's right - the time stamp must be showing GMT (its 7 hours off PST) when I review the file info on my computer.

BUT, its actually stamped with the right time when I look at the file in my picture gallery in my Droid X.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix things so that picture files on my computer correctly display the time the picture was taken?

The time on your photos is correct, in fact it is even more correct than local time because GMT has no daylight savings offset. As far as nerds are concerned, GMT IS the only correct time.

-Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones