1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Help with setting up multiple emails

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bstep01, May 3, 2010.

1. bstep01

bstep01 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    Hey all! I had my Hero set the way I wanted it for the past 5 months, long story short, I ended up resetting the phone and am now try to add my yahoo mail, gmail, and my Exchange mail.

When I setup my Exchange mail, I add an icon to my home screen, works fine. Then I bring another mail icon and add it to the homescreen and setup my yahoo mail, all is good, and so forth for my gmail.

The way I had it set up before, I could click each Icon and get my mail accordingly in each of the 3 (mail) icons. In fact, before, one of the icons was even labeled "yahoo". NOW when I try to set it up, it wants to give me the same email in all folders. I do not have anything set as my default.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Long Press an open area on home screen or press the "+". Press shortcut > Mail Inbox. This is where you can select an email account. I had 2 setup and now I have 2 icons, one says Exchange and the other says Hotmail.

3. bstep01

bstep01 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Kansas City
    Doh! Thats how you do it! Lol Thanks!:D

4. mdguy

mdguy New Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Help...
    The old methods don't work; now when adding a shortcut you are directed to drag and ICON from apps to the home screen, and you can't select a specific email account?

Anyone know how to do it???

Thanks
    -Guy

Tags: