1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with Side-loading

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaYooper, Feb 3, 2011.

1. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

I am trying to get the Daily Briefing apk installed on the DL30. I have tried installing from phone but it fails to install. Tried the side load wonder machine and it fails to install. Anyone know if there is anything I can do to add this to my phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Damon1328

Damon1328 Member

have you tried Root explorer.

3. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

No, I used Astro explorer and the stock file explorer.

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Try and move it to data/app or system/app to install....

DaYooper likes this.
  5. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

Thanks Justin. I tried to move it with Astro-No go(no permissions), then I tried with Ghost Commander with busybox and no go(no permissions). I will try to move it with my laptop later today to see if it works.

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

you can move it with terminal commands...but to do it in a file manager you need one with superuser permissions (root explorer being one)

7. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

OK. Maybe I will pay for root explorer and give it a try. Ghost commander says it has superuser capability but when I point busybox out to it, I am not sure that it is recognizing it. I will try root explorer and see what I can do. Thanks again for the info.

8. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

Ok. So I got root explorer and it copied to system/app. Tried to install it there but it says installation failed. Tried data/app with same result. :(

9. meohman1

meohman1 Newbie

It won't install or sideload if you aren't stock and using Touchwiz. I tried everything, including SDK tools at the command prompt.

I have a Samsung Captivate with Serendipity 5.10 Rom.

Mike

10. DaYooper

DaYooper Newbie

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews