1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Help with Smart Multimedia Player Model Q7 Rockchip RK3188

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chris9119, Aug 31, 2017.

1. chris9119

chris9119 Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    I’m new to this sorry if I post this I on the wrong place:
    Hello fellow geeks. I’m going straight to the point I have an Android Smart Multimedia Player Model Q7, I believe it is a RK3188 not sure though. I rooted this android box with kingroot (successfully) and root uninstalled some system apps that I found irrelevant. Unfortunately, I think I have uninstalled some severe apps that this device requires to run. Well anyways now that I power it on all I get is a continues android LOGO that never advances to anything. It just stays there with the words ANDROID glowing. I tried to use the recovery options (button) on the bottom of the android box. But when I do all I get is a dead android laying on his back with a red warning triangle appearing on top of the laying android (no other information appears on the screen other than a dead android with a red triangle). No, I did not install a custom recovery like cwm or others. May one of you android intellectuals please link me or give me a step by step on how to fix this Sh*T. In delay, I apologize for the improper grammar. Final note I have a funny feeling that I might have to install or push some sort of firmware / firmware update in order to fix this, my guess. Thank you all in advance.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. chris9119

chris9119 Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    someone help me please BUMP

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    I suspect Kingroot corrupted and damaged the firmware, rendering it bricked. Don't think there's any downloads or websites for this particular Android box, so very probably you'll need to contact the place you bought it or the manufacturer, and enquire about flashing instructions and necessary software tools and files that it needs. Android firmware does have to be specifically built for the particular device. If that can't be done, have a search on XDA Devs for Rockchip RK3188 ROMs, and see if there's anything suitable there for it.

Dannydet likes this.