1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with spamming!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by marvinblue, Jul 24, 2012.

1. marvinblue

marvinblue Newbie

Hi all. I have a Nexus S that was flashed by google to ICS a little while ago. I recently installed two widgets to countdown days, (one I didn't like so much, so I tried another). Since then, I get a notification about every six hours of single hot girls in my area, etc. I've uninstalled the widgets, but the messages keep coming. I've looked though the settings to try and stop them and it's not linked to my Gmail, as there are no messages in there when the notification arrives on my phone. I have supplied a screenshot of what it looks like. Any suggestions, please?

TIA!

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert

Well, a factory reset should almost definitely fix the problem, but that's pretty extreme. I'd start by looking at all of your installed apps (Settings > Applications > All), and trying to figure out which one is doing it (it might be listed in your battery stats too).

3. marvinblue

marvinblue Newbie

Thanks for the reply. I don't really want to do a factory reset and I didn't think of the battery stats, so I'll have a look in there. On the plus side, I haven't had one in nearly 24 hrs, so maybe unstalling those widgets worked? Here's hoping!

4. marvinblue

marvinblue Newbie

For those that were interested; I had to do a factory reset in the end. The notifications started up again about a day after my last post in this thread.

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It's airpush advertising. There are apps on the market that would have told you exactly what app was causing it

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews