1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with stock gallery...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by squid101, Aug 12, 2012.

1. squid101

squid101 Lurker

After attempting to download a photo from the 500px in google currents, I now have a messaging icon at the top of any pic or file I bring up with the stock gallery ap. It sits next to the sending options icon. ANybody know hoe to get rif of this? It never showed up before & the option to text a phot was always on the regular list anyway...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

There's always been an icon there, you probably just never noticed it until it changed. Its basically a shortcut. The stock gallery app will display the most recent app you used to share a picture. It will stay there until you use some other app to send a picture...then that app's shortcut will appear up there. Mine is currently a gmail icon because I last used gmail to send someone a pic from my gallery. If I text someone a picture today the SMS icon will take its place.

(I think its the most recent app shortcut, though its possible its the most used app shortcut - I don't pay close enough attention to be sure.)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews