• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with stock messaging app (deleted)

Ok. So I've scoured the interwebs using the advice from another post. To recap, I'm an idiot, I have no idea wtf I'm doing, My Samsung Admire from MetroPCS is rooted. I un-installed my stock messaging app on accident, which seems to be a common problem, just not with my phone. I don't have ADB cuz I tried to do that and it won't even open on the computer. I've searched for a messaging apk, but none of them work right. From what I've read, re-flashing back to a previous version of Android is my best option. Trouble is, I'm not sure how to do that on this phone. Can anyone walk me through it or give me a link of some sort? Better yet, is there any way to efficiently send an MMS WITHOUT the stock messaging app?

P.S. - I'm using Handcent now. :thinking:

Ok. So I've scoured the interwebs using the advice from another post. To recap, I'm an idiot, I have no idea wtf I'm doing, My Samsung Admire from MetroPCS is rooted. I un-installed my stock messaging app on accident, which seems to be a common problem, just not with my phone. I don't have ADB cuz I tried to do that and it won't even open on the computer. I've searched for a messaging apk, but none of them work right. From what I've read, re-flashing back to a previous version of Android is my best option. Trouble is, I'm not sure how to do that on this phone. Can anyone walk me through it or give me a link of some sort? Better yet, is there any way to efficiently send an MMS WITHOUT the stock messaging app?

P.S. - I'm using Handcent now. :thinking:

give me a min ill send u stock mess apk

K HERE U GO STOCK MMS. APK
http://db.tt/ShXAS8iD

Reactions: Spart4n 029
Upvote 0
Gah. I know I sound incredibly noobish, but would you mind walking me through that? I looked in my phone's menu through windows explorer, so I'm sure I'm not doing it right, but I didn't see any system/apps/ folder. How does one get to it?

u have to use ur phone to do this down load root explore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer then once downloaded open root ex look for that file I gave u it should be in SD card download then touch pressed on it copy it then go back to system / apps then paste after reboot

Reactions: Spart4n 029
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones