• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Striiv Activity Tracker, please.

Evan Hooper

Lurker
Jun 17, 2021
Hi.. So I don't know a lot of programming, but I can do some.
Striiv closed down it's servers and disabled the app that goes with it's watch... making them almost useless. My daughter though loved the watch, and I downloaded Android Studio and the Striiv Activity tracker apk.
Where would I find the login function? I have looked but I am not sure where.
All I want to do is disable the login, so it just goes straight into app.
Ideally it would be great to change the server connection to google, so if that's easier how wold I do that?

Thanks.

That sounds like a pretty ambitious project that would be difficult for a novice coder to pull off even if they had access to the application's source code. It sounds like you're trying to disassemble the compiled app and make changes to it, which will be significantly harder.

"Just disable the login" sounds like a pretty simple thing when you say it but I suspect that the entire application is built around a cloud-hosted user profile. Just removing the login interaction so it goes "straight into the app" isn't going to cut it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think you're going to be able to pull this off. (Nothing against you, personally - I wouldn't be able to either.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones