1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with terminology

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roclaren, Aug 16, 2012.

1. roclaren

roclaren Lurker

Hello guys, I really want to root my phone but unfortunately I am a complete fail with phone terminologies. I purchased my phone in Ireland with Meteor and as I was reading through the instructions, a couple questions popped into my mind.

1. Is GT-I9100 the same as the I9100? Some pages have the "GT-" while others do not. So I was wondering if they were the same thing, just shortened names, or were they two different models.

2. What is my firmware? I've looked up definitions and all that but I am still not sure what my firmware is. Could someone help identify it? Here is all the information about my phone.

Model number: GT-I9100
    Android version: 2.3.3
    Baseband version: I9100XXKE7
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555root@DELL101 #2
    Build number: GINGERBREAD.XWKF3

3. And last but not least, is somebody able to provide a step by step guide for a beginner like me if its not too much trouble. This really is a last resort after looking at instructions for hours and feeling completely lost.

Thanks you guys =)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast

Your firmware would be this part:
    "Android version: 2.3.3"
    Not the latest but perfectly good and stable.
    Easy to follow root guide here;
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...t/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html
    Make sure you're familiar and comfortable with the steps in the guide before you try them. It's not likely you can really mess up your device but being armed with info is your best defence. ;)

3. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Your firmware is the "build number" so you're on KF3

4. roclaren

roclaren Lurker

Thanks a lot guys, I'll give it a shot. Keep it you guys posted!

5. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast

Yep, sorry about the first part, I was thinking of android version... :rolleyes:
    As Hawker said, KF3 is the bit you're after for rooting purposes.
    good luck.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews