• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with this one pls

DiscoDave

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
hi guys

right, me and my mate both have desires. Looking through internet i managed to download the app Astro File Manager and and sorted out my music etc. I then managed to assign any tune i want to my text message notification, ringtone etc etc.
I done exactly the same for my mate as he wanted to change his text message tone. However nothing works it is constantly stuck on the default message tone, but if he gets an MSN chat, facebook chat or bluetooth receive, the music tone he chose plays. But as soon as normal text again its the standard default. He cant even change it to another desire preset tune. He can select it in the notification list but it never actually plays. Its really wierd??

I've totally ran out of ideas now. Have tried moving contacts to sim and phone books, have bluetoothed him a tune off my phone, downloaded a new tune, have assigned tunes to specific contacts but nothing seems to work and its driving me mad cause it works on mine and i thought i done it right??

help pls if ya can and cheers in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones