• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with Titanium Backup Pro

driver2665

Aug 13, 2011
I have just paid for and installed the above version so i can use the freeze facility. It downloaded, installed but i cannot find it anywhere. It has not appeared as a short cut / or app on any screens. It is listed in Applications but thats about it??

PS any Mods: i accidentally initially put this in the "anything roots section" if you could delete it please.

The "Pro" version is just a key that unlocks the additional features.

PS any Mods: i accidentally initially put this in the "anything roots section" if you could delete it please.

As Titanium Backup pretty much requires root to function I've merged both threads into one in All Things Root, as it will be of most use to others here.

Reactions: driver2665
Upvote 0
Have read this entire thread twice, and have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted, in various orders of execution. I still can't find Titanium Backup Pro in my Applications. If I go into Settings > Manage Applications, I can see it (which is how I uninstalled it), but I can't start it there.

How do I get it to show up in Applications? CM7 Nightly 197 rooted to uSD card.

Upvote 0
I installed the free version first and the used the link in the free version to the market for the pro unlock key. Only gripe I have is that the free version shows a different price than the market. I think it was showing $4.99 but on the market it is $5.75.

Quote from the market description: "• No icon! Requires Titanium Backup (free) to be installed (see "More apps"). This key will turn it into PRO."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones