• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with Titanium/ROM's

I know how to flash a new ROM, but the time it takes to restore apps, contacts, settings ect discourages me from doing this often. I have titanium backup pro but it still takes me a good 2 hours to get everything back up to par. Some people say it takes them 20 minutes. Is there something I'm doing wrong and is there a faster way? I feel like even with titanium I still have to manually fix settings in apps and the system and my game progresses dont even save. Can I get some help, I'm a bit of an Android nub. Thanks!

Make sure youre doing batch backups of your apps and data. If youre only doing apps, youre losing ALL data. When you start back up your phone with the new rom on it, restore apps + data. That will clear up your saved settings and games problem. It usually takes me about 15 mins to restore everything. Unless youre doing it manually it shouldnt be taking anywhere near even an hour.

Upvote 0
Make sure youre doing batch backups of your apps and data. If youre only doing apps, youre losing ALL data. When you start back up your phone with the new rom on it, restore apps + data. That will clear up your saved settings and games problem. It usually takes me about 15 mins to restore everything. Unless youre doing it manually it shouldnt be taking anywhere near even an hour.

this doesn't harm/hinder anything when you sign in to the market & it begins your automatic install of pre-downloaded apps?

i thought i read somewhere it was harmful. if not, then this will save me lots of time. i would previously wait until all apps were downloaded, then go into Titanium & restore data for each app.

Upvote 0
this doesn't harm/hinder anything when you sign in to the market & it begins your automatic install of pre-downloaded apps?

i thought i read somewhere it was harmful. if not, then this will save me lots of time. i would previously wait until all apps were downloaded, then go into Titanium & restore data for each app.

Ive not seen any adverse effects from it personally and Ive flashed in roms a lot to find the setup I like. With the market fix, it does 95% of my apps that I got from the market. If you want to do it that way, feel free, but I think this is a lot faster because you dont have to wait for them to download and then install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones