1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with transferring files.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jsanthara, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Jsanthara

Jsanthara Lurker

I just finished setting up a galaxy s7 edge. I connected the phone to my computer (Windows 7) using the charger cable. Attempting to transfer files crashes explorer. Sometimes I can't even see the folders in the phone, sometimes I can. I did manage to transfer a small file once (211kb). Usually the green bar on the address bar just loads for a very long time before crashing explorer. Also I can't use explorer during this. I pulled down the notification bar and selected the USB media transfer option, it said MTP. I tried all the other options as well. On my old phone (galaxy s5) I was able to simply drag and drop files to transfer. Is that no longer the case? Or is my phone defective? Does windows 7 not support MTP file transfers? Any help would be appreciated.

2. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member

Try loading the drivers from the Samsung website.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Here is... How to enable Developer's Options on a Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge:

First, go to the settings menu. You can also get here by sliding down the notification bar and tapping the same gear-shaped icon near the top right of the display. After you get to the settings go to the “About device” and select on the “build number.”

After a few taps on "build number", you’ll see the prompt and then tap four more times and you’re done. Then select on the back button and head back into the original base settings menu on the Samsung Galaxy S7. After you get back to the normal settings, you’ll see a brand new option above the “About device.”

Developer options is right above the About device setting, and a tap on that will take users into the previously hidden developer menu, which needs to be switched to on for full functionality.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

X2

5. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

*cough, Airdroid, cables can do one.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews