• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help with turning back on screen on my tablet

Hi everyone! I'm new posting here but have looked in several times and seem to always find answers! so thought I should join and share your knowledge!

Right! I am new to using a tablet and by accident (on one of the home screens) I accidently clicked on what looked like a brightness (sun icon) button on a strip of three buttons one was deffo for wifi anyway the screen went off and I don't know how to get it back on again! can you help? I turned the tablet off then on again and it's booting up OK but then just a black screen! HELP please! I feel I've clicked on something I shouldn't have! :mad::mad::mad:

Hi again! I have sorted it! basically I had accidently turned the backlight off! if this should happen to anyone else (ditsy like me) plug your tablet into your TV using HDMI cable connection and the screen will display as it would if the tablet screen was on! Look for the setting buttons you need on TV screen so you can locate the button on the tablet to turn it back on again! Phew! hope this helps someone another time!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones