1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with TWRP pls.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ProfessorBob, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ProfessorBob

ProfessorBob Lurker

Hi guys, I'm having a problem with my LG d320n. So yesterday I flashed Official CyanogenMod 13.0. Flashed gaaps too. So today I wanted to flash it again cause i had some problems with apps closing constantly, but when i tried to go to TWRP it starts loading and then i get an "dead android with an exclamation mark(!). Can anyone tell me what to do to get TWRP back and fix the dead android problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

"Dead android with an exclamation mark" sounds like the stock Android recovery module. So how did you install TWRP? A permanent install (e.g. via fastboot) would overwrite the standard recovery, so my first thought is that you didn't actually install it but temporarily booted into a recovery image. In which case if you tell us what you did then we can probably advise you how to make it permanent.

If not, if you really had done a permanent install (e.g. "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img") then you must have done something else afterwards to reinstall the stock recovery.

Brian706, argedion, tube517 and 2 others like this.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

+1 to all the comments above. For whatever reason, you have the stock recovery at the moment, not TWRP.

scary alien likes this.
  4. ProfessorBob

ProfessorBob Lurker

I unlocked the bootloader, rooted my phone, installed TWRP via fastboot, flashed CyanogenMod 13.0. And when i checked via Root Check it said my phone isnt rooted. How do I stock recovery. If you could explain it to me, I'm kinda a newbie.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

When you installed TWRP via fastboot did you use the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" or "fastboot boot recovery.img"? The first of those will install the image "recovery.img" to the recovery partition of the device, overwriting whatever recovery is currently installed. The second will use the image "recovery.img" as a boot image; this will boot you into TWRP just once (allowing you to make a backup or install a ROM) but will not install the recovery image.

My guess is that you did the second. I think it has to be, because I can't think of any other way in which you could now have the stock recovery (it can't reinstall itself, and it doesn't sound like you reinstalled it, in which case the only option left is that you only temporarily booted into TWRP). If this is the case then if you still have the TWRP image on your computer you can use the first command to install it permanently, or the second one to boot into TWRP again without installing it.

6. ProfessorBob

ProfessorBob Lurker

Installed it with "fastboot flash recovery" still get the dead android... :/

Rashelita likes this.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Can you paste the output from command prompt/terminal? It'll help to uncover any potential errors with the flashing process.

8. ProfessorBob

ProfessorBob Lurker

Didnt quite understand what you need.. Maybe this? [​IMG]and also my phone isnt rooted anymore, kingroot or any other device cant root him now.

9. androidmachine

androidmachine Android Enthusiast

CyanogenMod since at least 12.1 does not flash rooted. There is a simple way (no other program required) that is very similar to enabling developer options, but I don't have the exact instructions with me right now.

10. androidmachine

Found it. Yes, you have to re-enable root access in the developer options.

By the way, this is a security feature. When you no longer require root access, it is prudent to disable it again.

11. ProfessorBob

ProfessorBob Lurker

Yeah, I found it, but it didnt help me at all, I thought that not being rooted caused my issue... The things are getting even worse, I've tried to install TWRP again, and now it doesnt recognize my device...

12. androidmachine

What do you mean, it doesn't recognize your device? What doesn't recognize your device?

13. ProfessorBob

ProfessorBob Lurker

Fastboot. Tried to install twrp again, but no luck.. When i to cyanogenmod recovery its all fuzzied up, and when i go to update through SD card it just says "instalation failed".
    EDIT: I did it, guys. I flashed twrp using flashify and its all good now. Thaks for the help. :)

#13 ProfessorBob, Jan 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    Hadron and androidmachine like this.
  14. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert