• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help with unrevoked please

wb1960

Dec 15, 2009
every time I run unrevoked when phone reboots I get "communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted. Try again" I notice on my evo screen that at this point my phone shows that I have charge only checked off. Shoulkd I have sybch checked off instead?

also once you run it a second time, and if the same thing is happening, check what your bootloader(hboot) says. hold power+vol down. it should look something like this:
SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT-0.97.0000
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.15.00.09.01

at the top it will say s-on(not rooted) or s-off(rooted). report back and tell us what it says.

Upvote 0
I successfully rooted. Now when I run rom manager to back up my current rom it doesnt ask me to reboot into recovery. My phone just reboots on its own but sticks at the htc evo 4G screen. I did a battery pull but it is sutck there again

I would suggest:

ditching rom manager I never use the app and its far easier to control things when you do things manually through your recovery...... and also change your recovery to amon ra.== but this is of course after you get up and running

Upvote 0
I have usb debugging on and I do not have HTC synch installed. I will go back and look at Rooting for dummies being that I am being a dummy

also if you still have the problem after you have finished what ocnbrze suggested you may want to install HTC sync and then uninstall you will be left with the htc drivers. this will help your phone communicate with your pc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones