• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help with update please.

rjdhill

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
hey guys . 1st time poster . thanks ahead for you help.
i have followed all the steps and watched the vides several times. but cant for the life of me figure out . ive dowloaded all the software (joey ddo3 file and the swupgrade file . put the 2.1 dd03 in binary and deleted cl14 as i dont need it .

now the problem is when in put the phoe into bootrecovery and connect the usb it will not find com port . iv even disconnected all other componets so it would find it easy. it just sits there and continues to search. have done this several time each time restarting the phone and pc. at one point i let it run for a full hr and nothing . have tried some other things. mostly from what ive read here. seems to be a no go on comm connection. :mad::mad: strangely it will show as strorage for sdcard in normal operation.

what if anything else can i do. been tracking this from day 1 and for the most part am impressed with what people are saying about functionality of 2.1.

o by the way phone came with cl14 update already installed . have had it since january.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones