1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help with very simple android app

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by AnonyBioHazard, Aug 14, 2012.

1. AnonyBioHazard

I've written a few scary stories lately and I'd like to make an android app that allows people who download it to read the stories. I'd like to make is so each story has a title, and those titles are like buttons on the main screen, when pressing the title, the user is taken to the story to read. My problem is, I have no idea how to do this, and i was hoping someone here could help me out. I'm not expecting someone to tell me exactly how to do this, just hoping someone can give me a few tips and point me in the right direction. Thanks to everyone in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

3. 350X

350X Android Expert

appinventor.mit.edu

only problem is it doesn't do multi screens.

4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

Moved to Dev 101. =)

5. SmugMug

SmugMug Newbie

Are you wanting to do it yourself, or use the appinventor?

If you're wanting to do it yourself, you have some studying ahead of you. To learn Android, you should first get comfortable with Java. If you have enough spare time, you can become proficient enough with java to start playing with Android in short order.

Now, the kind of app you seem to be asking sounds fairly simple. I may have enough spare time over the next few weeks to knock something like that out. If you send me a pm or email with the details of what you're looking for and how intricate/polished you want this to be, I can let you know if it's something I think I'll be able to put it together before my schedule becomes packed with work and school.